We wanted to share one of our favorite fall treats with you! It has the perfect amount of sweetness along with a satisfying crunch, leaving your tastebuds happy and your tummy asking for more.
- 3 large apples (fuji apples bake well), peeled, cored and sliced into ½-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup (packed) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Oven, baking pan, mixing bowl, fork
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut apple slices and layer them in your baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, butter and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the apples, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes, until topping is golden and crunchy and apples are fork-tender. Gently stir to evenly coat the apples in the melted sugar that has accumulated in the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately (maybe with a side of vanilla bean ice cream?!) Yum!
This recipe has 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 228; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 48g; Sugar: 35g; Sodium: 108mg;Fiber: 5g; Protein: 2g
original recipe source: http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2012/09/04/apple-crisp/
Leave a comment