Our Shama Jade Pose of The Week is: Scorpion Pose
This yoga pose has been dubbed "the hardest pose" by everyone from beginners to seasoned yogi vets. The reason this pose is so difficult to master is that it really focuses on your strength, balance, AND flexibility. Once you master Scorpion Pose, you really do feel accomplished. Hard work pays off, so here are tips on how to perfect this beautiful pose:
- Forearms should be flat and parallel to the ground, like you are in a plank
- When practicing this pose, be sure to use a mat or be on a soft surface like carpet so not to hurt your elbows.
- Keep your gaze slightly beyond your fingertips directed at the ground
- Keep elbows shoulder distance apart
- Push your chest through your shoulders to help balance your pelvis
- Keep toes pointed and slowly aim towards your head
- Beginners can practice by using a wall to help balance themselves. Keep shins pressed into wall.
BENEFITS OF THIS POSE:
- Strengthens the torso, back, arms and shoulders
- Improves your sense of balance
- Improving the flexibility of the spine
- Builds stamina and endurance
- Allows blood to rush to the brain improving memory and concentration
- Stimulates the hair follicles in the scalp (hair loss prevention)
- Release accumulated stress in the shoulders and spine
Try Scorpion Pose and use hashtag #sjpotw to win some awesome monthly prizes!
Leave a comment